Jane Seymour reunites with 'Dr. Quinn' co-star in new film

By: Start TV Staff     Posted: November 13, 2020, 10:59AM

Despite what many would believe after this year, Jane Seymour is busier than ever. Working on back-to-back projects, she’s starred in 2 films so far in 2020 and is already well underway filming for her next role for 2021.

Among these projects is her most recent film, Friendsgiving, about a group of dysfunctional friends that come together for a chaotic Thanksgiving. In it we find Seymour reunited with former Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman co-star, Joe Lando.

In the beloved Western series, Joe Lando played the role of Bryon Sully, a rugged mountain man and eventual husband of Dr. Michela Quinn. Seymour and Lando also dated for a brief time and broke up while they were both still working on the show. Following their break up, the two stars remained professional with one another but only spoke on set when they were filming dialogue.

In a recent interview about their new film, Seymour reflected on the time after their break up as “an absolute waste of time,” since reconciling their differences.

“The interesting thing is if we had been a happy couple maybe we wouldn’t have had that amazing chemistry I see every time I watch one of the shows. There’s hot stuff going on there,” she remarked on Sully and Quinn's relationship.

Today Seymour and Lando are great friends and have worked on numerous projects together since Dr. Quinn. Lando joining Friendsgiving was actually Seymour’s idea to cast him, who coincidentally enough plays her romantic interest in the film. “They needed me to be with someone at the end, so I said, 'Well, maybe Joe will come do it.' Joe came for one line, he was doing me a favor and it was great fun.”

Watch Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman on Start TV

MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY AT 6 AM & 7 AM
SUNDAYS AT 8 AM

Lila2002 12 days ago
Hi does anyone have a release date or start date? I love network many of the shows help me thru a rough time m I caught covid and now my whole family has it
My sister 8 month old twins have it took.
With my farther passing and I am my moms care taker (She has blood cancer and she caught it from me. We r having a hard time with bills etc. .is there a contest we can enter or or start tv maybe offer employment.
I know its a long far fetch for a gal in MIlwaukee, Wi.
I have some good ideals for programming they have great shows. I have ideals that they can move some time lines around with other shows on the network any many viewers will be watching some strong women's in lead roles .
Email: kylah1981@gmail.com
Beth 16 days ago
I love watching Dr Quinn and my parents love watching when they where alive
Carf1219 16 days ago
Always loved the show, watching it again now on more than one channel. It wasn't until getting hooked on "Outlander" that I noticed Toni Graphia's name on both shows. No wonder both shows are exceptional down to the smallest detail. What a pleasure to watch historical fiction and appreciate the effort that goes into such productions. Thank you!
kelly 16 days ago
Dr Quinn is really beautifully written and acted. The stories are very applicable to today’s world and they go beyond lessons learned, although there are many lessons we could learn from the characters and their stories for sure. The town and their struggles and triumphs are well highlighted by sterling performances throughout the cast. Women., Native people, African Americans, Asians,and white men are all featured and interwoven in the tales that are told. Choices are real and have consequences but, above all, faith and hope remain at the center of this important and compelling series. Should be required viewing for all of us, as this little town in Colorado manages to do what we in America are struggling to achieve, stick together and help each other through even the strongest of differences.
Beth kelly 16 days ago
Me to still love watching