StartTV is now available nationwide on DISH Network. Click Where to Watch for channel positions.

Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their shows?

By: Start TV Staff     Posted: August 16, 2019, 10:45AM
Every good television show starts somewhere, and it's no different for the programs on Start TV. The first episode of a television show has a lot riding on it. These first episodes, referred to as "pilots," set up the entire premise of the shows they are introducing. Who the main character is, what the main goal or theme of the show is, what the overarching obstacle is going to be, and so on. It's a lot to to take on, but solid pilots lead to pretty solid television shows, giving us the series' so beloved today.

Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their Start TV programs? Give it a try and show off your smarts!
  1. The Deputy Chief joins the Priority Murder Squad to investigate the dead body discovered at the home of a computer company executive.
  2. The main detective works on "cold cases" for the Philadelphia Police Department, reopening dormant homicides that occurred years or even decades ago, making use of today's science and finding fresh clues to crimes once thought to be unsolvable.
  3. The main character suspects that what appears to be a prostitute's suicide might in fact be a cover-up for foul play involving important city officials. However, while probing deeper into the girl's death, the main character could possibly jeopardize her new job or even her own life.
  4. The spirit of a soldier disturbs the main character at her wedding.
  5. The main character's chance to rebuild her life is met with opposition from skeptical colleagues, her husband's past, and a high-stakes criminal case.
  6. The main character is given a mission from someone called "God." Meanwhile, her dad, the new chief of police for Arcadia, is trying to solve the case of a serial killer.
  7. The main character goes to Texas, where she locates the body of a murdered boy using a mysterious gift.
  8. Single Atlanta women are being murdered, but as the main character zeros in on the killer, another serial killer is zeroing in on them.
  9. Horror mounts when influenza attacks Colorado Springs. The new person in town must attend to the sick townspeople and protect others from getting the deadly disease. But some preexisting bias has people questioning whether the new person can handle the fatal epidemic.
Can you match the plots of these pilot episodes to their shows?

Watch The Good Wife on Start TV

EVERY DAY AT 11 PM & 12 AM

BrightFeather2 1 month ago
Great ! My 2nd 100% ! I'm warming up !
kemcyica 5 months ago
Too many reruns they are getting closer and closer together. Got any hidden episodes. 90% reruns going on the third time and a few on the fourth help!!

kemcyica 5 months ago

BrightFeather2 7 months ago
Start TV is the only channel i watch. The series are so good and they also have Dr. Quinn and Touched By An Angel and Strong Medicine and Sue Thomas FBI. Up to now I've never been able to see those series before. I love 'em.
nymets1963 13 months ago
How come there wasn't a question about Carrie Wells "Unforgettable"???
BrightFeather2 nymets1963 7 months ago
I like that series too.
Linda 13 months ago
Wish Joan of Arcadia was on earlier. Loved that show.
BrightFeather2 13 months ago
I knew the one I got wrong was wrong before I clicked - don't know what made me do it ! I knew the right answer.
But ......next time.
nymets1963 BrightFeather2 13 months ago
You should always go with your first choice, Bright...
BrightFeather2 nymets1963 7 months ago
You are so right. They say that as well when you take a test.
Well I took it again 6 months later so I'd not remember any of it, and got 100%.
LouiseHaworth 13 months ago
When are you going to put new shows on. Its getting old quick after they restart over and over. Or do you show these show (the same ones) all year long.
They do change them but some we WANT to stay on - some you never get tired of. But what they also could do is take the afternoon shows and switch them with the middle of the night shows so those would seem new to those who don't watch at those times. I stay up all night so I won't fall asleep when my early morning shows come on that I love so much. Like put Good Wife on in the middle of the night and put Sue Thomas FBI on where Good Wife was for an example.
I put my work & sleep schedule around my favorite shows. Some shows just make my day and I can't go without them. Dr Quinn, Touched By An Angel, Sue Thomas FBI, Strong Medicine, Cagney & Lacy - IF my Favs could be all one after the other, I'd get better sleep, but the ones I don't watch are in-between them breaking it all up. Makes it hard. But when they put shows on I don't watch is when I get my farm work done in the afternoons. Not that they aren't good shows, they are just ones I don't mind if I miss. When Crossing Jordan & Cold Case is on is when I do my most outdoor work. But I rush in to see Cagney & Lacy. And then go back out to finish my work when The Closer comes on. By then it's dark out and I come in and watch The Ghost Whisperer and so on. I like In Plain Sight & Unforgetable too.
But do my housework and laundry when Good Wife comes on. Then watch Strong Medicine. That is how I see my Favorite Shows.

I worked all my life and never got to see some of these series or TV at all, so they are new to me and I like seeing my favorites over and over. I could never get tired of Dr. Quinn. I could watch that series all day long. Same for Touched By An Angel.